Minecraft Potions Guide
First of all, potions in Minecraft have different effects. They range from healing to poison, and swimming in lava to excessive strength. The higher the level of a potion you create, creates a better effect. In the current patch, you can only make Lv2 Potions, but the highest level potion is Lv4. To even think about making potions you will need a variety of things.
- You will need a Brewing Stand to even think about creating potions, you need a Blaze Rod and 3 Cobblestone to create a Brewing Stand.
- A source of water is needed as well. I use Cauldrons, they need 7 Iron Ingots to be crafted. They hold up to 3 charges of water from a Glass Bottle.
- Glass Bottles are the only things that hold potions! To create them you need 3 glass!
- Take the Glass Bottles you just created and fill them with water, at your water source. This creates Water Bottles. The base of all Potions!
- You just completed the first step in Potion Making
- Awkward Potion: This is the Base Potion of all potions. This simple potion requires Nether Wart
- Mundane Potion: This is a potion of no use. But to create it, add any alchemy ingredient besides Nether Wart
- Potion of Healing: This is a favorite among people. It harms undead and heals you at the same time! To create this potion, you need an Awkward Potion and a Glistering Melon
- Potion of Poison: This is one of my personal favorite potions! It does damage over time to your enemies. It does not affect Undead or Spiders. To create this potion, you need an Awkward Potion and a Spider Eye.
- Potion of Strength: A true warriors’ favorite potion! This potion will increase your damage with a sword! To create this potion, you need an Awkward Potion and Blaze Powder.
- Potion of Speed: A very useful potion. This potion increases your running speed and jumping distance. To create this potion you need an Awkward Potion and Sugar.
- Potion of Fire Resistance: One of the most useful potions while mining into the depths. This potion allows you to walk through fire without taking damage and even swim through lava! To create this potion you need an Awkward Potion and Magma Cream.
- Potion of Weakness: This potion is used to weaken a foe’s attack damage. It’s good to use against multiple monsters. To create this potion, you need an Awkward Potion and Fermented Spider Eye.
- Potion of Harming: This potion is a good way to kill someone, or yourself if you are not careful. To create this potion you need an Awkward Potion, Spider Eye and a Fermented Spider Eye
- First thing is first! You need Glowstone Dust, Redstone Dust, and Gunpowder to perform these tasks!
- All Level 2 Potions require Glowstone Dust. Make sure you use this as your last ingredient to your potions! Adding Glowstone Dust make the effect of a potion increasingly effective! To negate the effect of Glowstone Dust you must add Redstone Dust.
- To prolong the effect of a potion, you must add Redstone Dust. This increases the duration of a Lv1 Potion by almost 300%!
- All Throw-able Potions require Gunpowder. Make sure this is your last ingredient to your potions! Adding Gunpowder to your potion makes it do a Splash Effect, also referred to as Area-of-Effect. So you could heal groups of people in PvP! Or take a horde of Zombies coming your way!
Well it has been a pleasure to create this Article on Potions! I hope anyone who reads this, becomes an amazing potion maker! Credit goes to Sean326 for helping me create potions and figuring out the effect of the aftermath. Also I give myself credit to making the idea of creating a lab to begin with, and writing this article. And the Admins of Moncraft for helping me with supplies. Credit is due to Monman11 for being the owner of an amazing server! Long live Moncraft!