Minecraft Beta 1.8 released
+ Added a brand new biome generation code that simplifies life a lot and makes things much more exciting for the future
Older Minecraft 1.8 news:
Notch and Jeb have released a pre-release of Minecraft 1.8 to the public to test out.
You can download the .jar file here: http://pitforge.com/minecraft.jar
You can download the server file here http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft_server.jar
There has been a lot of buzz lately surrounding the upcoming 1.8 update for Minecraft. Notch has stated that the 1.8 update will be the single largest upgrade to the game since first developed. Over the last month Mojang has released quite a bit of info regarding the 1.8 update via Twitter, Facebook, Google + and Notch’s blog. I decided to take all the info we have been given and create a post to give players a better understanding of what the update will contain.
So lets get started, here is what we know is being added for the 1.8 update:
- Mossy stone slabs
- Sand stone slabs
- Mushroom blocks
- New “thin” glass block
- Iron reeds
- Fence gates
- A few new types of meat have been added to the game. From what I have seen it looks to be the same pigs meat, but cooked differently
- We also have cooked and raw chicken
Higher Sky box
- Skybox has been expanded so now we can create bigger and better structures! This also allows the game to generate some nice cliffs
- Notch has mentioned that we will see some new mods in 1.8. Mojang has released a picture of one of the new mods called “Enderman”. Apparently this new mob will have the ability to move blocks around (scary stuff for minecraft server owners).
Full featured creative modeChanges to the PVP element in the game
- Looks like Mojang is taking what McMMO offers and including something similar into the game. We should see crucial hits built right into the game
More farming options
- This may include modifications to mushroom farming
Rumor has it that more music disks are coming out to follow the changes made in the 1.6 update.
New combat system. A new combat system will be implemented with a new health system and hunger bar (finally).
Minecraft 1.8 is scheduled to be released sometime in September.
If you guys think I missed anything please let me know in the comments bellow. I’ll try to update this post as new information comes out.